STRESS & WELLBEING WORKSHOPS
FREE Introductory Sessions - These will restart in September
This 30-40 minute session is an introduction to understanding stress, the brain and wellbeing. I suggest some useful mental and physical strategies you can use immediately and you will get a flavour of the sort of topics covered in the main workshops.
Free sessions are on Mondays at 2.30pm and Fridays at 10.30am, email me via the link below to book your place.
HOW TO ATTEND A WORKSHOP
OPTION ONE: Group Workshops
Delivered in-person at a location in North Yorkshire or virtually via Zoom
A new schedule will be announced at the end of August, please email me and I will send details
Cost: Half-day online £30 Half day in-person £40
OPTION TWO: Private Group Workshops
OPTION THREE: One to One Sessions
I work with adults and older teens (16+) one to one, this enables me to address more specific concerns. Please email me to enquire.
Cost: £40 per hour via a Zoom call - A discount rate available for key workers
LEARNING 2 FLOURISH WORKSHOPS
A series of 9 workshops that can be taken individually, however, they are most effective in helping you develop knowledge and skills if they are taken in sequence.
The first three workshops provide a scientific and practical foundation for understanding behaviour, stress and wellbeing
Brains & Behaviours
Our thoughts, feelings and behaviour change in response to our external and internal environment. Learning to notice and understand these changes enables us to make changes that impact the decisions we make. You will learn about how stress changes brain function in positive and negative ways and how you can use this to calm or motivate yourself.
2. Stress & Stressors
We live in demanding and stressful times and excessive or chronic stress causes both physical and mental health problems. In this workshop you will explore the scientific definition of stress and explore stressors from the 5 domains. Once you become aware of your stressors you have the power to change or use them.
3. Skills & Strategies
Stress burns a lot of energy, this can leave you feeling tired, anxious or with a low mood. However, stress can also stimulate and motivate you, boosting learning, creativity, problem solving and collaboration. During this workshop you will learn tools to calm or stimulate your nervous system, strategies for reducing stressors that don't serve you and some mental skills to reduce anxiety
DEEP DIVE WORKSHOPS
4. Schedules & Sleep-Discover why we need structure and routines and how sleep is the foundation of wellness. Sleep impacts everything from our cognitive function, to our weight to our mood. During this session you'll be able to identify habits that may be affecting your wellbeing and the duration and quality of your sleep and learn how to make changes.
5. Moods & Emotions- Emotions like anger, gear, sadness, anxiety are appropriate and important as emotions like joy and delight. They have their place and they do an important job. However, it might not be healthy to spend too much time experience negative emotions. In this session you will learn some techniques to increase positive emotions and change your mood.
6.Motivation & Mindset-How we think about things affects us physically and mentally. Many of us have 'thinking traps' that we are not aware of and these impact the way we see things, our motivation and the decisions we make. Learn some practical strategies and tools to optimise your thinking, mindset and resilience.
7. Brain Health: Food-We eat for nourishment, energy, pleasure and mood and what we eat greatly impacts out general health and mental wellbeing but what we eat changes when we are stressed. This session shares techniques to help you make health food choices and simple food rules to help you separate fact from fiction.
8. Brain Health: Move-Spending too much time seated at school or at home reduces muscular and respiratory fitness but also increases appetite and curbs the desire to participate in activities. We can access a more active lifestyle that makes us feel better inside and out-we just need to add a few ingredients to our daily routine.
9. Brain Health: Digital-The internet, smart phones, laptops are great tools of the modern era. However, overuse can leave us feeling disconnected, anxious and can compromise our wellbeing by keeping us away from activities that can enhance our lives. Learn how to use the TIME Tool to moderate your digital activity.